Friday, April 24, 2009

A Small (Self-Indulgent) Aside

I've decided that I'm not cool enough to break free from the crowd... I now have a Twitter. www.twitter.com/mikeconnolly1. I suppose I'll be using this to talk about the blog, my music, and also to give me a new dumb thing to amuse myself with.


I'm also beginning to think that I should finally give in and make this blog a real website. It'd be nice to have some navigation... this page is definitely getting cluttered and becoming harder to browse through. Also, I'd like to sort of divide things up into sections (by album most likely), since Thrice have used pretty different equipment on each album and people seem to be interested in each.

Something for the near (maybe) future, I suppose.

8 comments:

Christopher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christopher said...

Well, I was gonna say that you might have gotten a kick out of seeing your blog linked on Thrice.net, but I think you already know! :P

Great blog, btw.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwnRhChObww

new song by thrice premiered at bamboozle 2009

Mike said...

Someone compared it to Sheep by Pink Floyd, which is always awesome. I've been throwing out the Floyd comparisons since Vheissu, I guess it's catching on, haha.


I dig it though, there's kind of a bluesy chord progression underlying the whole thing.

Geri said...

hey mike... i know that in the HOB dvd dustin says what guitar pedal he uses... but i just cant understand what he says. do you know which one it is. I am interested in it because he says he can switch tunings without untuning his guitar.


thanks alot.

Holy Tears said...

Hey Mike I just saw Thrice today, and watching a video someone took, both Dustin and Teppei are both using AC30's Dustin is using the handwired AC30, While Teppei is using his with the Celestion Greenies.

Holy Tears said...

Oh I have to add that Eddie is now running a stereo rig, he has a 4x10 cab on the side next to his heads.

Mike said...

Teppei's AC30 is actually a stock one from the 90s, not from the CC series or with any upgrades.

Dustin is using a handwired one now! Sounds good from the videos I've seen!